Personal, Media and Lifestyle blog

Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

It's a...goodbye? To High School.


I've been wanting to do a post about finishing high school and graduating but I've never really "had the time to do so", considering that the last day of school had already happened just two months ago before the public exams.

So...here I am, sitting in the dark corner on my room as I type all these out. I no longer have to get up at 7 in the morning and worry about rushing heavily to school (ironically as I just live 5 minutes away). I no longer have to wear a school uniform nor those black boring school shoes (especially them baggy, uncomfortable P.E pants that I had always genuinely disliked wearing, not to mention in the hot weather!). I no longer have to decide what to have for lunch each day before another school day comes. With all these same old, usual routines, I could go on and on...

But that's not the point, however. One thing I'm going to miss, for sure, and I might sound like a hypocrite...is the high school life itself. Sure it wasn't always fun nor pleasurable especially when you have to go sit in class for 7 hours the whole day (this may be an exaggeration) and it's worse when it's a subject you're not very much too keen on, or when you just feel so gloomy and grumpy on a certain day and you have no choice but to face people who are all up on your face (haha, nah I love everyone!). But you know, that's high school. A big part of it includes finding yourself, mingling with your classmates and best-est friends, seomwhat discovering your interests and potentials both academically and externally, knowing what you love and not love to do and the biggest aspect of all; learning.

Learning in high school, though, isn't just what you can gain from textbooks or the countless number of lecture handouts you get on your hands, but learning from your surroundings and the experiences you go through. Say, for instance, the most simplest of all and I'm certain that everyone knows and has experienced this this: failing a grade in class in test and then scoring a better grade after. What do you learn from this? Obviously, that there's always room for improvement. You learn that failure doesn't always stay but only if you have the will and effort to do better the next time, and to move on from it, picking failure as a motivation to get back up your feet. What else? You may learn that the word "no" is inevitable. You can't always get what you want and just have to accept it and move on...unless it something that you have great passion for. You may even have people that you realized later on who aren't the best or the right people for you to have. There's so much more you learn in school, all from your perspective and the way you see things throughout the years. Personally, I've learnt so much. I've had loads of ups and downs and sometimes even a breakdown at some point...but I have no regrets. They've helped me shape who I am today. And I thank the "high school life" for it.

That being said, I'm going to miss everything. The people, school, teachers, friends... I'm no longer going to walk to school and see the same faces again (which isn't necessarily a bad thing... :P). It's hard to believe that I'm never going to experience high school ever again. Not ever. Not even after I turn 50. From now on, it's going to be college/university that will follow and the adult life that I'm not even ready for because it sounds scary but the doors will open for when I turn 18.

Graduation's coming in less than a month. Say what?!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally having all these feelings at the moment. I left school on Friday and I keep thinking that I will be going back even though I won't, I still haven't quite adjusted to the idea of not being there

    http://whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a lovely picture, I couldn't wait to finish school! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete